Monday, July 03, 2006

Not so "former"

Meow.....maybe I'm not as mellowed out as I thought. I was in a snappy mood today, I had to buy new tires for my car today, and I'm going to be getting a new car within the next 6 months or so. All that money for boring tires, but it had to be done, one was filled with fix a flat a few times and wouldn't hold air. And since all my Dr's are in Orlando and I have to go about three times a month, I'll be safe now. I hate using hubby's gas guzzling Explorer for the 60 miles each way plus tolls. So, I spent the day in Wal-mart, waiting for my car to get her new shoes. I have way more important things I could be doing. Don't they realize I'm a wife now!
I went by Lowe's and with my mom we got her wedding present to us. Trumpets sounding! A new.....dishwasher! Yay Mom! You are the best! Now hubby doesn't have to wash dishes by hand and put them in the dishwasher to dry! Did I mention it was stainless steel? Yay Mom! She listens to my "visions" of my dream kitchen.. she also threw in a new garbage disposal! and we have a new faucet, and a new Brita water purifier to put on the faucet.
I still haven't opened the Roomba up to charge, that is going to freak out the kids (dogs and cats). I have to make sure we have the memory card in the camera when we get it going. Mom has a Roomba and she turns it on to keep her two new kittens out of her formal living room.
By the by... I had an argument with Expedia today. I will never book anything through them again. Expedia you suck. You told me three things when I booked my cruise and none of them happened. It's a wonder we even had a stateroom. I sent a e-mail to Royal Carribean letting them know how Expedia treats their passengers and what they told me to get my booking through them. Other than that the cruise was great, we will just book it through American Express next time, the rates are the same if not better. We are thinking of going in January for my birthday and our 6 month anniversary.
So while I'm bitchin about being behind schedule, I had to stop and remind myself that really I'm not having a bad day. I can afford new tires and we got a dishwasher. That makes it a good day, right?
Anyway all the Dr's, my lawyer and the courts are closed tommorow so I might as well chill. I can get all my phone calls made Wed morning, and hopefully make it to the Courthouse to start my name change.
Oh and the rednecks across the street have started their family gathering in the front lawn..jimney christmas..they give the Griswalds a bad name. Last time I was out front there were 8 pickup trucks, one atv, a pool and a tent in the front lawn. And of course their smoker going. BBQ for all. Hopefully it rains all day tommorrow so they can't start the fireworks. It makes our dogs bark. I'm going to try sneak some pics to post, I don't have the words to explain the carnival they have going on..This a quiet residential suburb! Was. AMBEIN-take me away! And remember kids, baths and ambein don't mix, so leave out the Calgon.

No comments: