Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I googled my Honey

Before I went out for dinner with my honey for the first time, I googled him. To check out his story, was he really on the up and up on who he said he was? Yup he was, kinda cool, I thought (and still do when I remember). I also looked him up on the tax appraisers website, yep, he does live in a house not a van or a car. So basically armed with my newly gleaned information, I was willing to date him. Unfortunately for me, he saw the note pad with his address on it next the computer! Oops! So I came clean and told I checked him out, I said a girl has to be careful on who she dates you know. And those of you who are thinking damn she did everything but a credit check, I have a friend who works in the car business and she use to run credit checks on potential dates. That's uncool, because I think it would show as an inquiry on their credit. And as an savvy person knows the more inquirys the lower your score.

Anyway it wasn't who my honey was or where my honey lived that made me fall in love with him. In fact I fell in love with him despite the house and dogs! The whole point was I wasn't going to waste my time with any more posing men, who actually still live at home at 45, even though they dress nice, have a great job, and a nice car. It can be all smoke and mirrors if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Andie said...

I totally know what you mean.
If google would have been that popular when I met my hubby, I totally would have checked him out too!

have a great day!